Thursday, November 27, 2008

Taking a breath

So, for the first time since I went to Iceland in what feels like a year ago, I took 1.5 days semi-off from projects, problem sets, and etc. This all makes me feel thankful for Thanksgiving, but also made me start thinking... what have I given up? I'm trying to maximize everything that I'm in school for - learning, networking, clubs, projects with companies, being successful overall... but there are only 24 hours in a day.

For the longest time, I've rolled out of bed, started to work, and been doing that until I put my head back down on my pillow. Even on the off chances I go out for a bit, my mind is still on what I've just spent the past 14 hours on. I don't have fun. Luckily, my friends still care enough to send me happy Thanksgiving emails or texts despite the fact that I've fallen off the face of the Earth. What happened to going to the gym, reading for pleasure, playing musical instruments, recording, and generally enjoying life. I have three more weeks to hold on for, less actually - and then back to the drawing board.

2 comments:

Bellepic said...

"back to the drawing board" = great closing line. props.

Lucia said...

consider this the replacement for a text message - Happy Thanksgiving, and you must complete your degree, start a fabulous company and hire me as your COO. I am holding you to that.