Saturday, September 5, 2009

Why oh why

When I first heard Wolfmother's song "Woman", I wasn't too impressed... I thought that they sounded like a Led Zeppelin knock off... Then I heard a song or two more in the past few days which I liked, and on a whim bought the CD on the cheap on iTunes... and it's pretty good (in my humble opinion).

Yet, listening through their album, I felt as if just a little something was missing. I couldn't put my finger on it, but with a bit more musical maturation, these guys could be really good... Only to discover 5 minutes ago that the band has split up (the lead singer is going to keep the band name, but the other guys are out)!

Now we will never know. Why oh why?

2 comments:

Tommy said...

Alex, they split up over a year ago. but have new members and a new album coming out soon. where have you been?

Alex said...

I'm fearful that it won't be the same.