Saturday, May 30, 2009

Midnight Monument Ride

It's dark and cool outside. Barely a car on the streets, as the air rushes by. I haven't been on a bike in more than 6 months, but my adrenaline spikes as I speed down the streets of DC on a midnight monument ride, following the blinking back light of the person in front of me.

Starting in Columbia Heights, the monuments that had looked like monopoly pieces start to take on lifelike proportions as we zip along side streets. We stopped for a bit in front of the Lincoln Memorial, and then rode along the reflecting pool to the Washington Monument, and ended up at the Smithsonian.

The monuments at night were amazing, and it was a perfect night for a midnight ride. Thanks go out to Richie for inviting me along and lending me a bike, helmet, and belt-clipped blinky light.

No comments: